- MRCVS with at least two years’ clinical experience
- Laboratory animal veterinary experience desired
- Enthusiastic, self-motivating, able to work in a team or individually, with a commitment to improving animal welfare
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Proactive and flexible
- Able to deal with unforeseen circumstances and problems
- Able to solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise, including under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Act professionally at all times in accordance with expectations of RCVS
- Proactively manage requirement for continuing professional development
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while recognising limitations of own abilities
- Recognise the importance of client confidentiality and adherence to Data Protection principles
- Extensive skill and experience in building relationships, with respect and inclusivity for all.
Join our Interview the Team: 6th June 19:30 BST – register now to join the zoom room or get the recording sent straight to your inbox
Red Kite Veterinary Consultants Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our team working as Named Veterinary Surgeons in research establishments. As a qualified MRCVS with a minimum of two years’ clinical experience, you will have good communication and problem-solving skills.
The Named Veterinary Surgeon (NVS) is responsible for safeguarding the welfare of animals held and used in research establishments.
As an NVS, you will fulfill the role of ‘Named Veterinary Surgeon’ (NVS) at a scientific procedure establishment as specified in section 24 of the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct and the Home Office Guidance on the Operation of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
You will provide expert, veterinary advice to animal carers and users on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease and ill-health in research animals held at our clients’ premises.
Upholding our values of integrity, expertise, professionalism, flexibility and excellence, you will lead by being an outstanding and positive example to others.
% Travel 40
Qualifications MRCVS/ DVM / VMD (Veterinary degree)
Benefits Private pension plan/401K/RRSPCE/CPD allowance/tuition waiverPaid parental leave (top up)
Flexible Work Yes
Will support visa sponsorship Yes
Role Purpose To fulfil the role of ‘Named Veterinary Surgeon’ (NVS) at a scientific procedure establishment