Watch back our Interview the Team:
St David’s Poultry Team was founded in 2006 by Directors Richard Turner and Alan Beynon. We are now the leading and largest independent poultry veterinary practice in UK and Ireland, with 15 practice bases and combining over 250 years of poultry veterinary experience. We have an established team of 25 vets, 10 field services technicians, in-house laboratories including microbiologists, as well as dispensary and office support teams.
We provide comprehensive veterinary services to the broiler, layer, turkey and game bird sectors and are continually expanding due to the quality and integrity of our service, our drive to innovate and the strength of our client relationships. We work with a large proportion of the UK and Ireland’s broiler industry – including large integrators – and have responsibility for the majority of layers across the UK.
Our focus is on:
- Personal, on-farm approach
- Proactive and practical advice
- Preventative care
- Tailored health plans delivering the right support, at the right time, in a way that is economically balanced
- Antibiotic reduction
- Long-term client relationships
- Innovation: Developing solutions to complement and improve the services we offer and flock health, welfare and performance
- UK and international consultancy
To support the work we do, we also have a number of complementary, associated businesses including:
- Applied Bacterial Control Ltd: Solutions for water sanitisation and gut health aimed at controlling the use of antibiotics for better animal health, welfare and performance
- FarmWater: Water sanitisation products and services
- Poultry Pharm: NoN-prescription product range including probiotics, vitamins, essential oils and in-feed premixes.
- The Chicken Vet: An online service for domestic owners and veterinary advice for associated practices