The Amber Vet group is located in Sunny Singapore. We are a single-location, two-practice small-group boutique veterinary centre.
Amber Vet was founded in 2011 as a small animal practice by our principal Veterinarian Dr Brian Loon and Practice Manager Gabriel Wong, who continue actively managing the practice on the ground.
In 2017, Amber Cat Vet was established just adjacent and connected to Amber Vet. As Singapore’s first ISFM Gold Cat-Friendly Clinic, Amber Cat Vet provides a stress-free experience for our cat patients and clients while ensuring one seamless and coordinated work environment for our team members.
Organisation aims & mission
The Amber Vet team thrives on providing the best care possible to our patients, clients and team members alike.
Patient best care:
We are thoroughly equipped with diagnostic and treatment services to allow our vets to thoroughly investigate our patients’ ailments, and follow through with the best standards of care.
Our facilities include:
- Digital radiography with fluoroscopy.
- Ultrasonography: including abdominal and echocardiography.
- Flexible and rigid endoscopy: including canine and feline rhinoscopy, otoscopy, cystoscopy and GI laparoscopy.
- Digital dental radiography (we advocate full dental COHATs with dental x-rays for all our dental procedures).
- iM3 GS Deluxe dental machine and dental scaler.
- iM3 Vet-Tome for teeth extractions: No more manual labour with manual extraction instruments!
- Endodontics, including root canal treatment.
- Full suite of in-house IDEXX diagnostics: Catalyst DX (biochem), Procyte (CBC), Coag (PT/aPTT), urine dipstick reader, urine Sedivue (sediment analysis reader), SNAP Dx.
- Microscopes, centrifuge.
- Acupuncture (by IVAS-certified principal veterinarian).
We provide VIN (Veterinary Information Network) access to our veterinarians.
Visiting UK-based feline specialist Dr Elise Robertson comes to our centre quarterly to see specialist consults and perform endoscopy procedures, and is available year-round for teleconsultations.
We also regularly send samples out to veterinary reference laboratories as required and we work closely with the pathologists.
Team best care:
We strive to avoid overtime for our team as much as possible.
- We accept last appointments only 30 minutes before closing time: most of our consults are by appointment.
- We have recently terminated our after-hours service to allow team members to rest well and have uninterrupted personal time out of work hours. Our clients contact other 24 hours emergency centres for after-hours care. Most of our clients still happily return to us for ongoing care thereafter.
- We allocate daily one-hour breaks for vets to have lunch and rest.
- Most of our appointments are allocated 30 minutes.
- We encourage our team members to take up regular CPD to enhance their knowledge and skills and hold in-house training sessions for the nursing team.
- We work hard to maintain team harmony and a positive work environment and encourage open communication amongst team members and with managers.
Client best care:
- Spacious waiting and consult rooms.
- Attending to client concerns promptly with a team effort, including direct client care liaison from our practice manager.
- Time is allocated for our vets to have admission and discharge consults with the attending vet for procedures.
- We practise a consultative process with clients; informing them about their pets’ conditions and recommended options, allowing pet owners to make decisions they are most comfortable with, in line with ethical and professional guidelines.