We are the UK’s leading veterinary charity. With 48 PDSA Pet Hospitals, we deliver vital services across the UK, providing more than 2.7 million treatments and helping more than 470,000 pets every year. PDSA has been a lifeline for sick and injured pets for 100 years. In that time we have provided a staggering 100 million free treatments to more than 20 million pets.
Our services are run by the dedicated vets and vet nurses at our hospitals and cost more than £60 million a year to provide. This is funded entirely by public support; mainly through gifts in wills, donations and our charity shops.
Organisation aims & mission
To care for the pets of people in need by providing free vet services to their sick and injured animals, and promoting responsible pet ownership.
Together we will improve the life of every pet by:
- preventing illness, suffering and unnecessary death of pets.
- educating people about the welfare needs and values of pets.
- treating sick and injured pets needing our help within communities across the UK.
What we plan to achieve
To achieve our mission we intend to:
- increase the uptake of pet health and welfare.
- expand the accessibility of our veterinary services.
- promote the role of pets to society.
- drive awareness and support for PDSA’s work.
- deliver exceptional service.
In order to do this we have to:
- maximise income streams to pay for our services.
- inspire and enable our people to provide and deliver these services.
- ensure we have the right infrastructure, systems and processes to deliver these services.