Veteris is a young and independent veterinary start-up bringing a new approach to emergency and critical care in Greater London.
Strong off our ECC and home practice experience in Geneva, Paris, and Brussels, we confidently moved to London through the fire of COVID-19 and Brexit and started providing emergency care to Londoner’s pets in the stress-free comfort of their homes. The first consultation was a suspected lily intoxication in a two-year-old cat on the 18th of November. The owners were delighted with the service and this was the stepping stone to the thousand to come.
Feedback after feedback, from both owners and their regular veterinary surgeons, we started to build the mobile emergency practice we wanted, bringing the best of the ECC clinic to the pet’s doorstep.
Since then, we have not stopped hustling and have gathered a community around Veteris, transitioning from a team of two veterinary surgeons handling phone triage and consultations both at the same time, to a dedicated team of five registered RVNs handling the phone triage, and four veterinary surgeons tackling down emergency consultations one by one.
Our medical reports started to pique well-established and Independent practices’ interest. This naturally led them to trust us fully with their out-of-hours shifts and today we happily handle the phone triage and consultations for seven of them when they’re closed.
Organisation aims & mission
Veteris wants to become the first line emergency care provider in London, being the interface needed between stressed and panicking owners, closed regular practices and often overloaded ERs in high-end hospitals.
Veteris’ mission statement is therefore simple and pet-centric: provide the fastest and most technical emergency care to the pet’s doorstep and make sure the whole team is genuinely happy to provide this exciting service.
If our permanent obsession is the speed of reaction, this cannot be achieved without a great team of work-enthusiastic vet surgeons enjoying a new way of providing veterinary care and having the work-life balance they deserve.
ECC work is hard enough and we want to do everything possible for any veterinary surgeon to enjoy it through six building blocks :
- A massive sense of community. Nobody’s left alone. Someone is always a call, a text or a thought away to assist you.
- A modern tech support. Vets are provided with the latest field proven embedded technologies to support the medical decision. You want a new toy ? Just ask.
- Training and mentorship: Don’t feel comfortable dealing with this wound ? We come with you. Anytime.
- A top income. You’re paid for the medicine you do. You work the way you want. We have recipes, but you’re free to be your own cook!
- The best work-life balance you could dream of. You do your schedule. Yourself. We work around your wishes and your personal agenda.
- A permanent sense of improvement, open discussion and self-questioning: you have the latest great idea to improve how we work? Speak up!
Watch the video to get an idea of what a day in the life of a Veteris vet looks like: