Greenway Veterinary Acupuncture was established over 20 years ago, recognising acupuncture’s potential and evidence base as a valuable adjunct to clinical care, especially for those in chronic pain.
With a growing demand for dedicated, home-based veterinary care, particularly for elderly pets, coupled with the limitations of a surgery setting, Alastair and Claire trained with the ABVA and set up independently to provide home visits for acupuncture in and around London, referred by the local practices.
The demand for their personalised, independent service in London is continuing to grow and they would love to find a like-minded vet to treat some of their patients, so providing a steady, reliable service for clients throughout the year and a colleague to share, develop, and progress their acupuncture skills and knowledge with.
We have close links with other home-visit services, local practices, and physiotherapist specialists in and around London who are wonderfully collaborative, working for our shared aim of helping pets and people live their best lives together.
Watch back our Interview the Boss:
Organisation aims & mission
- To facilitate the integration of acupuncture into the treatment plans of suitable clinical conditions and the care pathways of patients requiring rehabilitation, post-/peri-operative care or suffering from chronic, recurrent and geriatric conditions.
- Collaboration with all those involved in a pet’s care, from owner to primary care practice to para-veterinaries, to gain the best outcomes for animal and owner.
- To champion and normalise the use of acupuncture so a wider section of UK pets can benefit from it, whilst being ready to advise when acupuncture is not suitable as the next, immediate step in a plan and signpost owners back to their primary care vet for further investigations and/or other warranted treatment.
- To help make owners’ lives easier, caring for a more mobile, active, pain-controlled member of the family.
- To provide a pleasant, low-stress experience for pet, owner, and practitioner.